Acrylic Prints & Acrylic Signs
Make an impression with Custom Acrylic Prints.
Acrylic glass often referred to as Plexiglass or Lucite is a thermoplastic that looks and feels like regular glass but is much less fragile. Our Acrylic Prints are completely transparent and can be cut and printed to any design style. Unlike traditional signs, Acrylic prints allow light to pass through, which makes them a great option for backlit displays. These signs look classy and expensive but are actually quite affordable. Whether on the wall or as a countertop, Acrylic prints and acrylic signage turn heads and draw a lot of compliments.
If you’re looking for a display that will last the test of time, you need to consider Acrylic Printing. We digitally print your image directly onto the acrylic material to preserve its natural glossy finish and smooth texture. Our .125 Acrylic is crack, shatter and generally impact resistant, not to mention highly scratch resistant, it’s an excellent alternative to regular glass for areas that require a glass finish. Acrylic signs are meant for permanent displays and have a wide variety of mounting options. If you’re looking for a way to add a refined touch to your office space, an Acrylic Print or Acrylic Sign will do the trick.
Uses for Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
Acrylic Prints can be used anywhere that regular glass would be used and in areas where regular glass might be too fragile. They can be used for lobby signage, directional signage, architectural displays and more. Acrylic Prints also make for stunning counter tops and turn these traditionally unused spaces into advertising billboards. From retail outlets to office spaces and high-end trade shows to community centers, Acrylic Prints & Signage are used anywhere that requires modern, sophisticated signage.
Acrylic glass has also gained popularity recently for use in art galleries and museums. Its ability to be back-lit means the images contained within will be vibrant and clearly visible without the need to ruin a room’s ambiance. While we prefer to digitally print our Acrylic signs for the most vivid long lasting finish, this durable substrate also makes an excellent canvas to mount vinyl decals or even paint on. With unlimited sizes, shapes and color options, the possibilities for your Acrylic Prints or Acrylic Signage are endless.
Printing Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
We use only the highest quality, environmentally friendly UV ink to print our Acrylic prints. UV ink doesn’t fade in harsh lighting like other inks and will last virtually indefinitely when used indoors. When we print your Acrylic signs & acrylic prints we tend to use a method called reverse printing, which means the image is actually printed on the backside of the acrylic material to preserve its smooth glassy texture on the front. Here at Non Stop Signs we charge for your signage based on size, type and quantity of material used, so there will never be a need to simplify your image to save cost. Having trouble designing your sign? Our talented design team is available to help make that vision in your head a reality. We offer color matching to suit our signs to your business’ colors and can print any complexity of image at up to 1440 DPI resolution.
Though acrylic is known for its glass-like appearance, you don’t have to keep it that way. Once your image is printed, glossy or matte laminate finishes are available. Laminated signage will last even longer than unfinished Acrylic prints, it also allows for a more vibrant or subtle finish. If you want the look of metal letters without the high price tag, try one of our acrylic signs laid with metallic vinyl and/or printed. The vivid appearance of acrylic photo printing and wall art makes it the substrate of choice for the world’s leading galleries.
Acrylic Print Shapes and Sizes
Our precision CNC Routers can produce signs & prints of absolutely any shape and size. Our high-quality CNC cuts allow for stunning standalone letters and other unique shapes. Whether it’s a basic rectangle or a complex design, we have you covered. As for the thickness, we use 1/8″, 1/4″ & 1/2″ Acrylic because it’s the best combination of low weight and high durability.
Installing Acrylic Prints & Signage
Our Acrylic Prints are meant to be installed permanently. They’re so lightweight you can mount them using only double-sided tape, but that’s usually not a good idea aesthetically speaking for the transparent material. The most popular options are a floating wall mount, stand-off mounts or a counter top display. Floating mounts are most commonly done with Standoffs or Cleats. Standoffs are metal bolts that go through the front of the sign and come with a stylish metal or plastic cap. Cleats are completely hidden from view, they’re most commonly used for seamless edge to edge displays. Counter top signs are even easier to install, just glue the edges and you’re good to go. Our design team will help you decide on the best mounting option for your needs and ensure the sign has the proper mounting holes.
Care for Acrylic Prints
Reverse printed Acrylic prints can be treated like regular glass and washed with a non-abrasive cloth and your regular window cleaner like Windex. For vinyl mounted signs and front printed options, we suggest only using warm soapy water as chemical cleaners will degrade the quality of your printed image. For increased longevity, avoid installing your signs in direct sunlight. Our UV ink will last for years before fading in direct light. Also, digitally printed Acrylic prints and especially vinyl mounted Acrylic will scratch, so be sure it’s not in an area where it’s likely to come into contact with sharp edges and rough materials. If you take proper care when installing and remember to maintain and care for your sign, it will last almost indefinitely.
FAQ’s About Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
- What are Acrylic Prints? What is Acrylic material?
- Acrylic or Polyacrylate looks and feels like glass, but it’s actually a durable, impact resistant thermoplastic material. Different brands refer to Acrylic by different names such as Plexiglass, Lucite, Acrylite, and Perspex. There are different kinds of Acrylic as well like Lexan. Lexan is a Polycarbonate that is used in making bullet-proof glass, but it’s not ideal for us in signage as it tends to yellow in the sun and comes with a large price tag.
- What thicknesses of Acrylic do you offer?
- 1/8″, 1/4″ & 1/2″ Acrylic for the majority of our signs, but thicker options are available for high traffic areas and installations that require a bit more durability. Thicker Acrylics vary in price depending on color and application.
- Why does Acrylic cost more to ship than your regular signs?
- Acrylic prints require more care during transport as they are much more fragile & heavier than our traditional substrates.
- Can I drill the holes myself?
- You can absolutely drill the holes and install the hardware yourself. Be sure to use a high-quality ACRYLIC bit, but glass cutting tools are not required. Unfortunately, signs that have been drilled after we ship them are not covered by our warranty.
- I need my mounting holes to be in specific locations, is that a problem?
- Our experienced design and manufacturing team can easily setup your sign to any mounting specifications.
- What sizes are available? Are there minimum and maximum sizes?
- We can manufacture Acrylic Signs in literally any shape and size. The standard dimensions are 4’ by 8’ sheets.
- What is the lifespan of Acrylic signs?
- The lifespan largely depends on where the sign is installed and how well it’s cared for. Signs that have been installed away from direct sunlight and receive regular care will last almost indefinitely. At the minimum, your sign should last five years.
- Will a complex design increase the price of my Acrylic sign?
- We charge for your sign based on type, quantity and size of materials used, so you’ll never be forced to simplify your design to save money.
- Do you offer double sided acrylic signs?
- Double sided Acrylic signs just don’t work because the material is transparent. However, you can put two of these signs together with an opaque layer in the middle.
- Can my sign be cut into a unique shape?
- Our precision routers can produce signage of literally any shape and size. Be aware, if part of your sign is too thin it will be more prone to fracture.
- Do your signs come with a matte or gloss finish?
- Acrylic is a naturally glossy material and our reverse printing preserves this look. However, both gloss and matte laminate finishes are available.
- Do you print directly onto the Acrylic or is there an overlay?
- We digitally print directly onto the Acrylic with vibrant UV ink. Directly printing onto the material allows for a more vivid and long-lasting image. For metallic designs that are meant to replicate metal signs, we do use a vinyl overlay.
- Is the mounting hardware included in my purchase?
- Mounting hardware is available, but it is not included by default. Just let our friendly customer service team know if you require the hardware.
- What is your turnaround time?
- We ship your Acrylic signs withing 3-5 business days and offer same or next business day rush shipping. We’re experts in rush work.
Usage for Acrylic Signs
- What are Acrylic signs generally used for?
- Acrylic signs have limitless uses from your main indoor business sign to simple directional signs.
- Can Acrylic signs be used outdoors?
- Acrylic Signs are perfect for indoor and outdoor use. The material is naturally waterproof and our UV ink will last for a minimum of five years without fading, even when installed in direct sunlight.
- Can my Acrylic sign be scratched? Will it fade?
- Acrylic can be scratched by sharp objects and rough materials, so be sure to install it out of harms way. As for fading, our high-quality UV ink has an almost indefinite lifespan as long as it’s not installed in direct sunlight. Even in direct sunlight, it will last a minimum of five years.
- Can my Acrylic sign bend?
- It is possible for Acrylic to bend, especially for large displays. So we suggest adding a middle support for displays that exceed 8’.
Installation & Maintenance of Acrylic Signs
- How do I install my sign?
- Our Acrylic signs can be installed with just double sided tape, but we recommend a proper wall mount. The two most popular mounting options are with Standoffs and Cleats. Standoffs go through the front of the display and have stylish caps. Cleats are completely hidden from view and most commonly used for extended, edge to edge displays.
- How do I care for my Acrylic Sign?
- Reverse printed Acrylic signs can be treated like a regular window and washed with your average window cleaner like Windex or vinegar and water. For face printed signs and vinyl mounted displays, we recommend only using warm soapy water, as harsh chemicals may degrade the quality of your image.
- How should I store my Acrylic sign?
- These signs are generally intended to be permanently mounted on a wall or table, but temporary displays can be stored easily because they are so thin. Just be sure to put them in a safe place where other objects won’t fall on them and cause scratches or fractures.