Mesh Banners – The banner of choice for outdoor use.
Mesh Banners are some of the most versatile signage available and it does particularly well outdoors. Our 9oz, 100% polyester mesh banners allow light, sound and most importantly wind to travel right through them while still displaying vibrant, head-turning images. Their lack of wind resistance makes Mesh Banner last far longer outdoors than their traditional counterparts because they don’t billow in the wind. To ensure your mesh banner lasts as long as possible hang it with bungee cords to relieve additional stress. Mesh Banners are most commonly used at sporting events, concerts, festivals and trade shows, but they also work perfectly to advertise you retail outlet and other businesses or marketing needs.
Mesh Banners Vs Vinyl Banners
Regular vinyl banners are prone to the “sail effect”; they catch the wind and billow out. This makes your message difficult to read and strains the banner material. You can opt to cut wind slits or baffles into your vinyl banner, but this lessens the overall tensile strength of the material and interferes with your banner’s message. The crisscrossed fibers of mesh banner are breathable so your banner withstands high winds without sacrificing durability or life span. Even though your mesh banner can withstand high winds, it’s always a good idea to take your banner down if you anticipate severe weather.
Vinyl Banners have their uses too though, especially indoors. If you plan on hanging banners from the ceiling indoors in front of harsh lights, you may want to avoid using a Mesh Banner. Our Vinyl Banners are made from a special “blockout” material that blocks out all light that is trying to pass through it. This makes Vinyl Banners much easier to read when they’re hung right in front of harsh lighting, more so than Mesh Banners.
Uses for Mesh Banner
Mesh Banners are most commonly used for outdoor sporting events, festivals, concerts, trade shows and community events. Our Mesh Banners are perfect for outdoor use because they’re completely waterproof and printed with fade resistant ink. They can be used for decoration or to display important information like the different field and stage labels. Mesh Banners can also be used to wrap fences without adding stress to the fence or being blown over by the wind. Thanks to the versatility of Mesh Banners, they also have many commercial uses.
You can literally wrap entire sections of your office space or retail location with Mesh Banners. They’re a highly cost-effective choice for large scale seasonal advertising because when the season ends, you can safely roll them up and store them until next year’s use. Use Custom Mesh Banners to display product information on sales and product launches or upcoming company events. Mesh Banner is perfect for wrapping around your construction site perimiter fences, they can display a large amount of information and don’t add strain to your temporary fence. They can also be designed so that people on the inside can see out like window tint.
Mesh Banner Printing
Our top of the line printers can handle substrates of varying thicknesses and print up to 1440 DPI resolution. We print all of our mesh banners with high-quality environmentally friendly inks. We can also print constantly, 24/7.
Mesh Banners are naturally vibrant and display a vivid image, but actual gloss finishes are not available. If you were to laminate a mesh banner it would no longer allow the wind, sound and light to pass through. For your matte, gloss and “blackout” banners please refer to our Vinyl Banner section. Here at Non Stop Signs we charge for your product based on square footage, type and quantity of material used, so you will never be forced to simplify your image to save money.
Mesh Banner Sizes
Our default Mesh Banner size is upto 100″ wide, but literally any size is available. For larger banners over 100″ wide we seamlessly stitch multiple mesh pieces together, though you’d never be able to notice by looking at them. Our precision CNC routers allow for absolutely any shape of banner to be cut, but the mounting points and structural integrity need to be taken into consideration. By default, your banner should have grommets installed for mounting every 2-3 feet, custom options are available and sometimes necessary. Thankfully our talented design team is available to walk you through the entire process.
Mesh Banner Installation
When requested we add grommets every 2-3 feet of your banner for mounting. Grommets are small metals ring that clamp onto the banner and allow for a stronger mounting point. To add years to the life of your mesh banner, hang it with bungee cords instead of traditional hooks. When you hang these mesh banners and any banner really with bungee cords, the cords relieve some of the stress caused by the wind and prevent material degradation. Custom mounting options like pole hung banners are available, so if you have something else in mind don’t hesitate to let us know.
Mesh Banner Care
These unique Mesh banners are much easier to clean than your traditional Banner signage. Our Mesh Banners are made from 100% polyester just like many clothing items, so they can be cleaned. We suggest washing them with cold water to increase their longevity. Once they’re clean, lay flat or hang dry them. Do NOT machine wash, dry, iron or bleach your banner as doing so can result in permanent damage to the material.
Frequently asked questions about Mesh Banners
- Are Mesh Banners and Vinyl Banners the same thing?
- No, vinyl banners block out all light, wind and sound whereas Mesh Banners allow them to travel through. Each of these banners have their own strengths. Mesh Banners last longer outdoors, but Vinyl Banners show up better when hung directly in front of harsh lighting.
- Will my Mesh banner stretch and warp the image?
- While they’re not made of a stretchy material, some very light stretching may occur. This will not warp your image, so there’s nothing to worry about. Intentionally stretching the banner will tear the microfibers and can lessen the structural integrity of your banner.
- What is the thickness of your Mesh Banners?
- We use 9oz, 100% Polyester banners because they’re the best mixture of low weight and high durability.
- Do you offer double sided Mesh Banners?
- Due to the semi-transparent nature of Mesh Banners, double sided banners with a different image on each side are not reccommended.
- Will it cost more to print a full-color image?
- Here at Non Stop Signs we charge for your signage based on type, quantity and size of materials used, you’ll never be forced to simplify your image to save money.
- Can I select the number of grommets installed and their placement?
- The design of your banner is completely up to you, but from experience, we suggest placing one grommet every 2-3 feet. Custom mounting options like pole hangers are available as well.
- How long will my Mesh Banner last?
- Our Mesh Banners will last for three or more years with regular maintenance.
- Will the mesh rip or tear?
- These are Polyester mesh banners; they can easily be cut with sharp edges. However, if installed and stored properly your banner will be fine.
- What’s the turnaround time on your Mesh Banners?
- We offer same or next day services on our mesh banners. We’re experts in rush jobs.
Mesh Banner Usage
- Are Mesh Banners suitable for outdoor use?
- These banners were specifically designed for outdoor use. They’re your best option for high wind environments and outdoor events.
- Are these banners a good choice for my Tradeshow Display?
- Absolutely, our mesh banners are easy to store, simple to hang and will last for five or more years indoors.
- What do people commonly use Mesh Banners for?
- Mesh Banners are extremely versatile, but their most common use is at sporting events, concerts and festivals. They’re perfect for outdoor use and high-wind environments.
Mesh Banner Installation & Maintenance
- How do I hang my Mesh Banner?
- Mesh Banners are simple to hang, we generally install grommets that can have hook, rope, thread or wire threaded through them. Pole pockets and other custom mounting options are available.
- Will I need to clean my mesh banner?
- Cleaning your mesh banner regularly will keep it looking its best and increase its lifespan. Thankfully cleaning your mesh banner is as simple as rinsing it with cold water.
- How should I store my mesh banner?
- Mesh Banners conveniently roll up and can be safely stored in any cool, dry environment.
- How do I remove wrinkles from my Mesh Banner?
- Do NOT iron your banner! To remove wrinkles we suggest laying it out flat our hanging the banner up with even tension on all sides for a few days, tighten any slack out of the banner each day.