Freelance Graphic Design Tips from 10 Industry Experts
Freelance graphic design can be a great way for all designers to make extra money on nights and weekends. We reached out to a handful of freelance graphic designers to get a better idea of how they find new freelance clients. We hope you enjoy the advice and happy graphic design freelancing!
1. “Build an audience through social media and writing. It sounds weird, but writing is the best way to attract clients. Write on a blog, and share everything you know about design. It shows your an expert in your craft, and the power of building an audience cannot be underestimated.”
- Lindsey Deschamps, Graphic Design at The Stoke Group.
2. “Create a free wireframe, design or mockup for potential clients and you will be surprised at how many people you can convert just from giving them some free value.”
- Tyler Horvath, Founder of Tyton Media.
3. “You can find a lot of graphic design freelance gigs from word of mouth or by creating an account on Upwork.”
- Brieona Cornelius, Art Director at BASIC Magazine.
4. “I’ve found all of my freelance design gigs through word of mouth.”
- Haylee Colon, Digital Designer at isArray.
5. “I recommend using online and social media as the main tool for finding freelance design gigs.”
- AC Delgado, Founder of Aguila Creative.
6. “I think a good way is to find freelance design jobs is to network with people on LinkedIn”
- Marissa Haase, Graphic Design student.
There you have it. Do you have any graphic design freelance tips that we missed? Let us know!
Interested in custom signs for one of your products? Check out our custom signs page!