What is the best photo printer in 2019? It’s clear that whether you are using DSLR cameras or your high-end smartphones to take photos, there are certain photos that you would like to take printouts of and keep it in your photo album. In order to accomplish this, you need to have the best photo printer for you.
Thankfully, there is no shortage of photo printers and they are offered in a wide range of models. Basically, your options are portable, professional and home use.
You can also buy the best home printer or professional printer to meet your needs online. There is no doubt that you will find a photo printer according to your tastes, preferences, and budget.
The best photo printer for photographers of all kinds
If you are looking at printing professional photos at home, then Canon PIXMA PRO-100 is a very good option.
It offers high-quality photo printing quality and also does faster printing. It has a resolution of 4800×2400 that is apt for photo printing.
This Canon model uses dye-based inks over the pigment inkjet. The company claims that the photos printed out of the Pro-100 will last about 100 years.
- Eight dye-based ink colors.
- Also supports fine art paper and photo paper and offers a wide range of photo finishes like matte, glossy, semi-glossy, luster, etc.
- A wide range of connection options like Wi-Fi, Ethernet, wireless and wired PictBridge support and USB connection.
- Can print up to 13”x19” prints.
If you are looking for a compact photo printer that does a decent job of photo printing at home, then the Epson PictureMate PM-400 will fit the bill.
This is a printer that can print 5”x7”, 4”x6” and 3.5”x5” prints with quality. It is very compact in size and weighs just less than four pounds. This is an ideal option for novice photo printer buyers.
Not only does it come with a resolution of 5760 x 1440, but it can also print 4 x 6 prints in about 39 to 40 seconds. With this in mind, it is one of the best photo printers for the price.
- Comes with a single ink cartridge that has Magenta, black, yellow, and cyan ink.
- Also can be connected to Wi-Fi using Epson’s iPrint app, from USB storage or SD card, or connect a PictBridge enabled the camera to the device.
- The ink cartridge can produce about hundred paper prints.
If you are looking for the best all in one wireless printer that gives out quality the best photo prints, great connectivity options, faxing and copying, then HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless Printer is an ideal choice for you.
The 4.3-inch touch screen offers you to easily manage all operations of the printer with just a single touch. It has a swipe and tap feature for easy and quick functions.
This is a printer that can fax, scan, print, and copy. We think this is the best photo printer for businesses.
- Supports a wide range of paper sizes like a letter, envelope, legal, executive, statement, etc.
- Automatic both side printing at ultra-high speeds.
- Prints 50-page document automatically.
- Paper tray can hold up to 250 sheets.
- Prints 24 black and white pages in a minute and 20 color pages a minute.
- Borderless photo printing in 4” x 6” size.
- Wireless direct printing support.
- Mobile printing from anywhere using a smartphone or Tablet through the HP ePrint app.
4. Epson XP-830
This is the best all in one printer for home use that allows you to print, scan, copy or fax with a single machine. The quality of the photos is good and it is a wireless unit.
From our research, we think this is best photo printer to use if you do not have heavy printer usage.
- This printer has an automatic document feeder that holds up to 30 pages.
- Prints 9.5 black and white pages per minute and 9 color pages per minute.
- Both side printing is available.
- Can print on pre-surfaced optical disks.
- Mobile printing options like a direct tablet or phone connect, and support all major devices.
- 5 color inks with sharp text and bright and clear photos.
If you are looking for the best all-in-one photo printer that offers low running costs and great printing options, then get yourself the Brother MFC-J985DW XL.
It just costs you 1 cent to print a black and white paper and less than 5 cents for a color page.
- Duplex printing that allows you to save paper. This is ideal for office use.
- The paper tray has the capacity to hold hundred legal-size sheets.
- Comes with 12 Ink cartridges that can print 300 pages a month.
- Mobile connectivity to desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Scan and print documents from anywhere through wireless connectivity to make this one of the best photo printers.
This is the best photo printer under $200. It is very compact in size but packs a punch as far as features are concerned. This flexible printer is an ideal option for home use.
- Offers high-quality borderless printing with Resolution of 9600 x 2400 DPI.
- Wireless printing option with PictBridge and mobile printing technologies.
- Twin cartridge system with black and CMY.
- Prints borderless 4”x6” photos in only about 53 seconds.
- Wide range of paper sizes like letter, legal, A4, B5, A5, envelopes, etc.
- Paper tray has a capacity to handle 50 plain papers or 10 photo papers.
- Supports Google cloud print and Apple AirPrint.
- Save black ink features that will decrease the black ink usage while printing.
If you are looking for the best professional photo printer, then there is no better option than the Epson SureColor P600. You get high-quality color and black and white photo prints out of this device.
They will last longer than the regular online photo service. It comes with
This is a wide format printer that prints quality black and white and
- 7-inch color LCD touchscreen with a front control panel to set up printing options quickly.
- Higher quality and level of black and white photos through advanced driver mode.
- 4 preset black and white photo modes on offer cool, warm, sepia, and neutral.
- Support all media types that include multi-sheet feeder, top loading, rear 2-inch core roll feeder, and front straight through the feeder.
- A wide range of connectivity including wireless, Ethernet, USB, Apple AirPrint and Google cloud print services.
If sleek and compact portable photo printer is what you want, then choose the Kodak Dock Photo Printer. It is the best in the business to print quality 4” x 6” color photos, comes with the convenient printed ok that gives you the option to print quality photos from your smartphone directly.
Includes an iOS lightning adaptor and an Android dock pin. It is a charger as well as a printer and allows you to power many devices.
Just plug your Android phone using the five-pin dock, tap the one-touch option to load the Kodak app and get a standardly sized printout. If you want to print out cool pictures on the fly then we think this is the best photo printer.
- 2 smartphones can be charged when you are waiting for the printout.
- An ideal dock for fast charging purposes suited for schools, offices, and homes.
- 4” x 6” photos come out in brilliant color and fine detailing.
- Uses dye sublimation Technology that transfers the layer of color onto the photo paper through heat. These photos will last a long time.
- A removable tray to prevent damage to the photos while handling.
If you are looking for one of the best photo printers that offer functionality and are easy to operate, then Canon Selphy CP1200 is the right choice.
Now, it can only print images of 4” X 6” size. However, this is the ideal choice for you if you want to make prints which are ready for Facebook and Instagram.
The selfie app of Canon enables you to print images easily by just tapping the smartphone. With a weight of just 1.9 pounds, it is easy to carry around. It is an affordable, portable photo printer.
- Printing from the wireless network by connecting to the printer is easy through the dedicated Wi-Fi button.
- Also comes with selfie ink and paper kit that can print 18, 36 or 54 photos.
- Compact design and hence is easily portable.
- A wide range of connectivity including USB, memory cards, PictBridge and Wi-Fi.
If affordable and best photo printers 2019 are what you have in mind, then the HP Sprocket Photo Printer is an excellent option.
It is an ideal tool to use for people who use social media frequently. It has got amazing web connectivity and has a sleek and simple design.
- It is a wallet-sized snapshot printer that you can easily carry around. It is just over cubic inches.
- Also can make 2 x 3-inch stickers and snapshots from any images in your Android and iOS device with just a tap. It offers borderless printing.
- The connectivity options include Bluetooth, social media accounts, and HP Sprocket app.
- One full battery charge is capable of printing gout 35 photos.
- Maxim sheets that you can load in this unit are 10 sheets.
We hope you enjoyed this article and that you find one of the best photo printers.
If you are looking for larger photo prints, then try our custom banners, wall murals, or foam board printing page. We can print these custom posters up to 4’x8′! We can even print your photos on glass!