Make an impression with Custom Acrylic Prints.
Acrylic glass often referred to as Plexiglass or Lucite is a thermoplastic that looks and feels like regular glass but is much less fragile. You can choose to cut or design our Acrylic prints in any style as they are entirely transparent. Unlike traditional signs, these allow light to pass through, which makes them an excellent option for backlit displays. These signs look classy and expensive but are quite affordable. Whether on the wall or as a countertop, Acrylic prints, and acrylic signage turn heads and draw a lot of compliments.
If you’re looking for a display that will last the test of time, these are a great option. We digitally print your image directly onto the material to preserve its natural glossy finish and smooth texture. The material is crack, shatter and generally impact resistant, not to mention highly scratch resistant, it’s an excellent alternative to regular glass for areas that require a glass finish. We have a wide variety of mounting options for permanent displays. If you’re looking for a way to add a refined touch to your office space, an Acrylic Print or acrylic sign will do the trick.
Uses for Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
Acrylic Prints are for anywhere you would use regular glass and in areas where regular glass might be too fragile. They can be for lobby signage, directional signage, architectural displays and more. Acrylic Blanks also make for stunning counter tops and turn these traditionally unused spaces into advertising billboards. From retail outlets to office spaces and high-end trade shows to community centers,
Acrylic glass has also gained popularity recently for use in art galleries and museums. Its ability to be back-lit means the images contained within will be vibrant and visible without the need to ruin a room’s ambiance. While we prefer to digitally print our Acrylic signs for the most bright long-lasting finish, this durable substrate also makes an excellent canvas to mount vinyl decals or even paint on. With unlimited sizes, shapes and color options, the possibilities for your signage are endless.
Large Acrylic Photo Prints
Acrylic photo prints are for commercial or personal use. To produce them you need to send us your picture or photo in a digital format. We will double check your file to make sure the prints will turn out with the highest possible quality. We can produce our acrylic photo prints in larger sizes as well. Our largest size comes in 4’x8′ and are great for panoramic photo prints.
Printing Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
We use only the highest quality, environmentally friendly UV ink to print. UV ink doesn’t fade into harsh lighting like other inks and will last virtually indefinitely when used indoors. We tend to use a method called reverse printing, which means the image is printed on the backside of the material to preserve its smooth glassy texture on the front. Here at NonStop Signs we charge for your signage based on size, type and quantity of material used, so there will never be a need to simplify your image to save cost.
Having trouble designing your sign?
Our talented design team is available to help make that vision in your head a reality. We offer color matching to suit our signs to your business colors and can print any complexity of image at up to 1440 DPI resolution.
Though it’s is known for its glass-like appearance, you don’t have to keep it that way. Once your image prints, glossy or matte laminate finishes are available. Laminated signage will last even longer than unfinished copies, it also allows for a more vibrant or subtle finish. If you want the look of metal letters without the high price tag, try one of our acrylic signs laid with metallic vinyl and printed. The vivid appearance of acrylic photo printing and wall art makes it the substrate of choice for the world’s leading galleries.
Plexiglass signs are great for conference room signs, lobby signs, and reception area signs. We can produce custom plexiglass signs using any color or logo. Whether you need one plexiglass sign or plexiglass signs for your entire office, our digital printing process makes it easy. For a unique look, we can create a plexiglass led sign. A led plexiglass sign will light up the entire room. We recommend plexiglass signs for companies who may move frequently.
Printing on Plexiglass
We can also print on plexiglass by printing directly on the plexiglass. UV lights dry the ink right way. That can be an excellent option for plexiglass signs or for artists hoping to sell their prints. We can produce large plexiglass prints as big as 4×8. Wither our newest plexiglass printing process; we do not recommend mounting prints to plexiglass anymore. Mounting prints to plexiglass can result in a lot of bubbles and debris trapped in the plexiglass print.
Acrylic Print Shapes and Sizes
Our precision CNC Routers can produce signs & prints of absolutely any shape and size. Our high-quality CNC cuts allow for stunning standalone letters and other unique shapes. It is a digital die cut machine. Whether it’s a basic rectangle or an intricate design, we have you covered. As for the thickness, we use 1/8″, 1/4″ & 1/2″ because it’s the best combination of low weight and high durability.
Although not as popular, a lot of people ask us how to cut plexiglass sheets. Cutting plexiglass can be tricky. If you are cutting plexiglass with a saw, make sure it does not crack. Our plexiglass sheets cut to size can work great for any retail or home-based plexiglass project. We stock many large plexiglass 4×8 sheets. You can prefer to cut these plexiglass sheets in any shape and size. We stock bother clear plexiglass sheets, black plexiglass sheets, frosted plexiglass sheets, white plexiglass sheets, and colored plexiglass sheets and also can cut laser cut plexiglass to any size for you. We have 1/8 inch plexiglass sheets, 1/4 inch plexiglass sheets, 1/2 plexiglass sheets and thin plexiglass sheets which we can cut for you to any size.
We also stock Polycarbonate sheets. Our polycarbonate sheets come in clear polycarbonate sheets, corrugated polycarbonate sheets, polycarbonate plastic sheets, and colored polycarbonate sheets. Now a day’s Polycarbonate sheets for greenhouses and Polycarbonate roofing sheets are very popular. These sheets can come in larger sizes than acrylic sheets or plexiglass sheets. They come from huge polycarbonate rolls so cutting to size is very easy. Cutting polycarbonate sheets is a tricky process because the polycarbonate can bend and bow. If you ask us how to cut polycarbonate from home, we recommend using a saw. We can print polycarbonate sheets at any size. We prefer to laser cut polycarbonate. Printing polycarbonate can also be tricky because the UV lights can yellow the polycarbonate plastic.
Installing Acrylic Prints & Signage
We tend to print our Acrylic permanently. They’re so lightweight you can mount them using only double-sided tape, but that’s usually not a good idea aesthetically speaking of the transparent material. The most popular options are a floating wall mount, stand-off mounts or a countertop display. Floating mounts are common with Standoffs or Cleats. Standoffs are metal bolts that go through the front of the sign and come with a stylish metal or plastic cap. Cleats are used for seamless edge to edge display, though they hide from view. Countertop signs are even easier to install, glue the edges, and you’re good to go. Our design team will help you decide on the best mounting option for your needs and ensure the sign has the proper mounting holes.
Care for Acrylic Prints
Reversely printed signs can be treated like regular glass and washed with a non-abrasive cloth and your regular window cleaner like Windex. For vinyl mounted signs and front printed options, we suggest only using warm soapy water as chemical cleaners will degrade the quality of your printed image. For increased longevity, avoid installing your signs in direct sunlight. Our UV ink will last for years before fading in direct light. Also, digitally printed Acrylic prints and especially vinyl mounted Acrylic will scratch, so be sure it’s not in an area where it’s likely to come into contact with sharp edges and rough materials. If you take proper care when installing and remember to maintain and care for your sign, it will last almost indefinitely.
FAQ’s About Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
What is Acrylic material?
- It looks and feels like glass, but it’s a durable, impact resistant thermoplastic material. Different brands have different names such as Plexiglass, Lucite, Lexan, Acrylite, and Perspex. Polycarbonate is used in making bulletproof glass. But when it comes directly contact with the sun, it tends to turn out yellow and also it is very costly.
What thicknesses of Acrylic do you offer?
- We use 1/8″, 1/4″ & 1/2″ for the majority of our signs, but thicker options are available for high traffic areas and installations that require a bit more durability. The thicker material may vary in price depending on color and application.
Why does Acrylic cost more to ship than your regular signs?
- Acrylic prints require more care during transport as they are much more fragile & heavier than our traditional substrates.
Can I drill the holes in my acrylic myself?
- You can drill the holes and install the hardware yourself. If you use the high-quality ACRYLIC bit, then you will not need the cutting tools. We do not give warranty for it after shipping.
I need my mounting holes to be in specific locations, is that a problem?
- Our experienced design and manufacturing team can easily set up your sign to any mounting specifications.
What sizes are available? Are there a minimum and maximum size of these acrylic signs?
- We can manufacture Acrylic signs in literally any shape and size. The standard dimensions are 4×8 acrylic sheets or 24×36 acrylic sheets.
What is the lifespan of an Acrylic sign?
- The one who has installed these signs away from direct sunlight and will take care of it will last longer. How long it is going to last depends on where the sign is installed and how sound you are taking care of it.
Will a complex design increase the price of my Acrylic sign?
- We charge our customers by their chosen type, size, and quantity of materials which gives them the opportunity to save money without compromising the design.
Do you offer double sided acrylic signs?
- Double-sided Acrylic signs don’t work because the material is transparent. However, you can put two of these signs together with an opaque layer in the middle.
Can you custom cut acrylic into a unique shape?
- Our precision routers can custom cut acrylic signage to any shape and size. Be aware; if part of your sign is too thin, it will be more prone to fracture.
Do your signs come with a matte or gloss finish?
- Acrylic is a naturally glossy material, and our reverse printing preserves this look. However, both gloss and matte laminate finishes are available. For acrylic wall art we can also use a high gloss finish for the panel.
Do you print directly onto the Acrylic or is there an overlay?
- We digitally print directly onto the high-quality Acrylic with vibrant UV ink. Directly printing onto the material allows for a more vivid and long-lasting image. We use the vinyl overlay for metallic designs which meant to replicate metal signs.
Is the mounting hardware included in my purchase?
- Mounting could not be included by default, even if it is available. Just let our friendly customer service team know if you require the hardware. The most common acrylic mounting hardware are french cleats which will have your print ready to hang. The french cleat is not on the acrylic face; it’s on the backside of the sheeting which makes it great for hanging.
What is your turnaround time?
- We ship your Acrylic signs within 3-5 business days and offer same or next business day rush shipping. We’re experts in rush work.
Where can I use Acrylic signs?
- They have endless uses from your main indoor business sign to simple directional signs. The material is optically transparent; it is excellent for fine art reproductions.
Can we use Acrylic signs outdoors?
- They are perfect for indoor and outdoor use as the material is naturally waterproof and our UV ink will last for a minimum of five years without fading, even when installed in direct sunlight.
How to save scratching of Acrylic?
- Avoid scratches by a sharp object and rough materials by installing it out of harm’s way. In the case of the fading issue, we used high-quality UV ink which has an almost indefinite lifespan as long as it is not installed directly under sunlight. Even in direct sunlight, it will last a minimum of five years.
Can my Acrylic sign bend?
- It is possible to bend, especially for large displays. So we suggest adding middle support for signs that exceed 8′.
Do you make a face mount acrylic prints?
- These are one of our favorite types of printing. You see them in high-end museums and high-end photography reproductions.
Installation & Maintenance of Acrylic Signs
How do I install my sign?
- You can install with just double sided tape, but we recommend a proper wall mount. The two most popular mounting options are with Standoffs and Cleats. Standoff goes from the front of the display and has stylish caps. Cleats are for extended, edge to edge displays; otherwise, they are entirely hidden from view. If you are interested in Acrylic 3D letters or acrylic dimension letters, check out our other page. Hanging may require two people.
How do I care for my Acrylic Sign?
- You can wash with your normal window cleaners like Windex or vinegar and water because they can be treated as a regular window. For face printed signs and vinyl mounted displays, we recommend only using warm soapy water, as harsh chemicals may degrade the quality of your image.
How should I store my sign?
- Most signs intend to mount on a wall or table permanently, but you can store temporary displays as they are so thin. Just be sure to put them in a safe place where other objects won’t fall on them and cause scratches or fractures.