Acrylic Prints & Acrylic Signs
Make an impression with Custom Acrylic Prints.
Acrylic glass often referred to as Plexiglass or Lucite is a thermoplastic that looks and feels like regular glass but is much less fragile. Our acrylic prints are completely transparent and can be cut and printed to any design style. Unlike traditional signs, Acrylic prints allow light to pass through, which makes them a great option for backlit displays. These signs look classy and expensive but are actually quite affordable. Whether on the wall or as a countertop, Acrylic prints, and acrylic signage turn heads and draw a lot of compliments.
If you’re looking for a display that will last the test of time, you need to consider Acrylic Printing. We digitally print your image directly onto the acrylic material to preserve its natural glossy finish and smooth texture. Our .125 Acrylic is crack, shatter and generally impact resistant, not to mention highly scratch resistant, it’s an excellent alternative to regular glass for areas that require a glass finish. Acrylic signs are meant for permanent displays and have a wide variety of mounting options. If you’re looking for a way to add a refined touch to your office space, an Acrylic Print or acrylic sign will do the trick.
Uses for Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
Acrylic Prints can be used anywhere that regular glass would be used and in areas where regular glass might be too fragile. They can be used for lobby signage, directional signage, architectural displays and more. Acrylic Prints also make for stunning counter tops and turn these traditionally unused spaces into advertising billboards. From retail outlets to office spaces and high-end trade shows to community centers, Acrylic Prints & Signage are used anywhere that requires modern, sophisticated signage.
Acrylic glass has also gained popularity recently for use in art galleries and museums. Its ability to be back-lit means the images contained within will be vibrant and clearly visible without the need to ruin a room’s ambiance. While we prefer to digitally print our Acrylic signs for the most vivid long-lasting finish, this durable substrate also makes an excellent canvas to mount vinyl decals or even paint on. With unlimited sizes, shapes and color options, the possibilities for your Acrylic Prints or Acrylic Signage are endless.
Large Acrylic Photo Prints
Acrylic photo prints can be used for commercial or personal use. To produce photo prints on acrylic you just need to send us your picture or photo in a digital format. We will double check your file to make sure the acrylic photo prints will turn out with the highest possible quality. We can produce our acrylic photo prints in larger sizes as well. Our largest size comes in 4’x8′ acrylic sheets and can be used for panoramic acrylic photo prints.
Printing Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
We use only the highest quality, environmentally friendly UV ink to print our Acrylic prints. UV ink doesn’t fade into harsh lighting like other inks and will last virtually indefinitely when used indoors. When we print your Acrylic signs & acrylic prints we tend to use a method called reverse printing, which means the image is actually printed on the backside of the acrylic material to preserve its smooth glassy texture on the front. Here at Non-Stop Signs we charge for your signage based on size, type and quantity of material used, so there will never be a need to simplify your image to save cost. Having trouble designing your sign? Our talented design team is available to help make that vision in your head a reality. We offer color matching to suit our signs to your business’ colors and can print any complexity of image at up to 1440 DPI resolution.
Though acrylic is known for its glass-like appearance, you don’t have to keep it that way. Once your image is printed, glossy or matte laminate finishes are available. Laminated signage will last even longer than unfinished Acrylic prints, it also allows for a more vibrant or subtle finish. If you want the look of metal letters without the high price tag, try one of our acrylic signs laid with metallic vinyl and/or printed. The vivid appearance of acrylic photo printing and wall art makes it the substrate of choice for the world’s leading galleries.
Plexiglass signs are great for conference room signs, lobby signs, and reception area signs. We can produce custom plexiglass signs using any color or logo. Whether you need 1 plexiglass sign or plexiglass signs for your entire office, our digital printing process makes it easy. For a unique look, we can create a plexiglass led sign. A led plexiglass sign will light up the entire room. We recommend plexiglass signs for companies who may move frequently.
Printing on Plexiglass
We can also print on plexiglass. Our plexiglass printing process is to print directly on the plexiglass. Printing on plexiglass is a pretty easy process. We remove a protective layer of the film then we print to the plexiglass. UV lights dry the plexiglass printing ink right way. Printing on plexiglass can be a great option for plexiglass signs or for artists hoping to sell their plexiglass prints. We can produce large plexiglass prints as big as 4×8. Wither our newest plexiglass printing process, we do not recommend mounting prints to plexiglass anymore. Mounting prints to plexiglass can result in a lot of bubbles and debris trapped in the plexiglass print. If you want to come to our office to see our custom plexiglass printing process, stop by anytime!
Acrylic Print Shapes and Sizes
Our precision CNC Routers can produce signs & prints of absolutely any shape and size. Our high-quality CNC cuts allow for stunning standalone letters and other unique shapes. Whether it’s a basic rectangle or a complex design, we have you covered. As for the thickness, we use 1/8″, 1/4″ & 1/2″ Acrylic because it’s the best combination of low weight and high durability.
Although not as popular, a lot of people ask us how to cut plexiglass sheets. Cutting plexiglass can be tricky. If you are cutting plexiglass with a saw, make sure it does not crack. Our plexiglass sheets cut to size can work great for any retail or home-based plexiglass project. We stock many large plexiglass 4×8 sheets. These large plexiglass sheets can be cut to any size. We stock bother clear plexiglass sheets, black plexiglass sheets, frosted plexiglass sheets, white plexiglass sheets and colored plexiglass sheets. We can also laser cut plexiglass to any size for you. We have 1/8 inch plexiglass sheets, 1/4 inch plexiglass sheets, 1/2 plexiglass sheets and thin plexiglass sheets. We can cut round plexiglass sheets for you to any size.
A lot of our clients ask us where to by acrylic sheets so we also started selling blank acrylic sheets without printing. We stock clear acrylic sheets, white acrylic sheets, black acrylic sheets, red acrylic sheets, frosted acrylic sheets, tinted acrylic sheets, mirror acrylic sheets, pink acrylic sheets, and many different colored acrylic sheets. A lot of our clients also asked how to cut acrylic sheets so we started cutting acrylic sheets for them. We can cut acrylic sheets to any size and any shape. We have 2 methods of cutting acrylic. We have a laser machine that for laser cut acrylic. Laser cut acrylic has a very smooth edge and can be used for both clear acrylic sheets and colored acrylic sheets. Our other method for cutting acrylic sheets is using a large acrylic router. This is a great way of cutting acrylic plastic sheets because it is much faster than the acrylic laser cutting process. We also stock cast acrylic sheets in clear acrylic sheets and colored acrylic sheets. We stock 4×8 acrylic sheets, 4×4 acrylic sheets, and round acrylic sheets. Our most popular sizes are thin acrylic sheets, 1/8 inch acrylic sheets, 1/4 inch acrylic sheets, 1/2 inch acrylic sheets. If you want to buy acrylic sheets or custom cut acrylic sheets, give us a call today.
We also stock Polycarbonate sheets. Our polycarbonate sheets come in clear polycarbonate sheets, corrugated polycarbonate sheets, polycarbonate plastic sheets, and colored polycarbonate sheets. Polycarbonate sheets for greenhouses have become very popular over the past few years. Polycarbonate roofing sheets are also used a lot. Polycarbonate sheets can come in larger sizes than acrylic sheets or plexiglass sheets. Polycarbonate sheets actually come from huge polycarbonate rolls so cutting to size is very easy. Cutting polycarbonate sheets is a tricky process because the polycarbonate can bend and bow. If you ask us how to cut polycarbonate from home, we recommend using a saw. We can print polycarbonate sheets at any size. We prefer to laser cut polycarbonate. Printing polycarbonate can also be tricky because the UV lights can yellow the polycarbonate plastic.
Installing Acrylic Prints & Signage
Our Acrylic prints are meant to be installed permanently. They’re so lightweight you can mount them using only double-sided tape, but that’s usually not a good idea aesthetically speaking of the transparent material. The most popular options are a floating wall mount, stand-off mounts or a countertop display. Floating mounts are most commonly done with Standoffs or Cleats. Standoffs are metal bolts that go through the front of the sign and come with a stylish metal or plastic cap. Cleats are completely hidden from view, they’re most commonly used for seamless edge to edge displays. Countertop signs are even easier to install, just glue the edges and you’re good to go. Our design team will help you decide on the best mounting option for your needs and ensure the sign has the proper mounting holes.
Care for Acrylic Prints
Reversely printed Acrylic prints, Acrylic signs, Plexiglass prints and Plexiglass signs can be treated like regular glass and washed with a non-abrasive cloth and your regular window cleaner like Windex. For vinyl mounted signs and front printed options, we suggest only using warm soapy water as chemical cleaners will degrade the quality of your printed image. For increased longevity, avoid installing your signs in direct sunlight. Our UV ink will last for years before fading in direct light. Also, digitally printed Acrylic prints and especially vinyl mounted Acrylic will scratch, so be sure it’s not in an area where it’s likely to come into contact with sharp edges and rough materials. If you take proper care when installing and remember to maintain and care for your sign, it will last almost indefinitely.
FAQ’s About Acrylic Signs & Acrylic Prints
- What are Acrylic Prints? What is Acrylic material?
- Acrylic or Polyacrylate looks and feels like glass, but it’s actually a durable, impact resistant thermoplastic material. Different brands refer to Acrylic by different names such as Plexiglass, Lucite, Acrylite, and Perspex. There are different kinds of Acrylic as well like Lexan. Lexan is a Polycarbonate that is used in making bullet-proof glass, but it’s not ideal for us in signage as it tends to yellow in the sun and comes with a large price tag. Plexiglass signs and acrylic signs are best for most situations.
- What thicknesses of Acrylic do you offer?
- 1/8″, 1/4″ & 1/2″ Acrylic for the majority of our signs, but thicker options are available for high traffic areas and installations that require a bit more durability. Thicker Acrylics vary in price depending on color and application.
- Why does Acrylic cost more to ship than your regular signs?
- Acrylic prints require more care during transport as they are much more fragile & heavier than our traditional substrates.
- Can I drill the holes in my acrylic myself?
- You can absolutely drill the holes and install the hardware yourself. Be sure to use a high-quality ACRYLIC bit, but glass cutting tools are not required. Unfortunately, signs that have been drilled after we ship them are not covered by our warranty.
- I need my mounting holes to be in specific locations, is that a problem?
- Our experienced design and manufacturing team can easily set up your sign to any mounting specifications.
What sizes are available? Are there a minimum and maximum size of these acrylic signs?
- We can manufacture Acrylic signs in literally any shape and size. The standard dimensions are 4’x8’ acrylic sheets or 24×36 acrylic sheets.
What is the lifespan of an Acrylic sign?
- The lifespan largely depends on where the sign is installed and how well it’s cared for. Signs that have been installed away from direct sunlight and receive regular care will last almost indefinitely. At the minimum, your sign should last five years.
Will a complex design increase the price of my Acrylic sign?
- We charge for your sign based on type, quantity and size of materials used, so you’ll never be forced to simplify your design to save money.
Do you offer double sided acrylic signs?
- Double-sided Acrylic signs just don’t work because the material is transparent. However, you can put two of these signs together with an opaque layer in the middle.
Can you custom cut acrylic into a unique shape?
- Our precision routers can custom cut acrylic signage to literally any shape and size. Be aware, if part of your sign is too thin it will be more prone to fracture.
Do your signs come with a matte or gloss finish?
- Acrylic is a naturally glossy material and our reverse printing preserves this look. However, both gloss and matte laminate finishes are available. For acrylic wall art we can also use a high gloss finish for the acrylic panel.
Do you print directly onto the Acrylic or is there an overlay?
- We digitally print directly onto the high quality Acrylic with vibrant UV ink. Directly printing onto the material allows for a more vivid and long-lasting image. For metallic designs that are meant to replicate metal signs, we do use a vinyl overlay.
Is the mounting hardware included in my purchase?
- Mounting hardware is available, but it is not included by default. Just let our friendly customer service team know if you require the hardware. The most common acrylic mounting hardware are french cleats which will have your print ready to hang. The french cleat is not on the acrylic face, it’s on the backside of the acrylic sheeting which makes it great for hanging.
What is your turnaround time?
- We ship your Acrylic signs within 3-5 business days and offer same or next business day rush shipping. We’re experts in rush work.
Usage for Acrylic Signs and Acrylic Prints
What are Acrylic signs generally used for?
- Acrylic signs have limitless uses from your main indoor business sign to simple directional signs. We can also print any photo on acrylic. Because the acrylic is optically clear, it is great for fine art reproductions.
Can Acrylic signs be used outdoors?
- Acrylic Signs are perfect for indoor and outdoor use. The material is naturally waterproof and our UV ink will last for a minimum of five years without fading, even when installed in direct sunlight.
Can my Acrylic sign be scratched? Will it fade?
- Acrylic can be scratched by sharp objects and rough materials, so be sure to install it out of harm’s way. As for fading, our high-quality UV ink has an almost indefinite lifespan as long as it’s not installed in direct sunlight. Even in direct sunlight, it will last a minimum of five years.
Can my Acrylic sign bend?
- It is possible for Acrylic to bend, especially for large displays. So we suggest adding a middle support for displays that exceed 8’.
Do you make face mount acrylic prints?
- Face mounted acrylic prints are one of our favorite types of printing. Face mount acrylic printing is the type of acrylic signs you see in high-end museums and high-end photography reproductions.
Installation & Maintenance of Acrylic Signs
- How do I install my sign?
- Our Acrylic signs can be installed with just double sided tape, but we recommend a proper wall mount. The two most popular mounting options are with Standoffs and Cleats. Standoffs go through the front of the display and have stylish caps. Cleats are completely hidden from view and most commonly used for extended, edge to edge displays. If you are interested in Acrylic 3D letters or acrylic dimension letters, check out our other page. Hanging acrylic prints may require 2 people.
- How do I care for my Acrylic Sign?
- Reversely printed Acrylic signs can be treated like a regular window and washed with your average window cleaners like Windex or vinegar and water. For face printed signs and vinyl mounted displays, we recommend only using warm soapy water, as harsh chemicals may degrade the quality of your image.
- How should I store my Acrylic sign?
- These signs are generally intended to be permanently mounted on a wall or table, but temporary displays can be stored easily because they are so thin. Just be sure to put them in a safe place where other objects won’t fall on them and cause scratches or fractures.
Acrylic vs Metal Prints
- There really is no comparison between a print on acrylic and a print on metal. They are 2 completely different products. Printing on acrylic sheet will be much more vibrant and have deeper colors. UV printing on acrylic is the highest quality production method.