What is a Dibond Sign?
Dibond signs are a rigid, durable aluminum composite material consisting of two thin sheets of .012-inch thick aluminum bonded to a solid polyethylene plastic core. Which makes it a unique composition that makes it approximately half the weight of raw aluminum. Dibond, the flattest panel on the market, offers a superior surface for direct digital printing & mounting graphics. Our signs provide excellent durability in outdoor applications and won’t bow or warp. It comes in 12 standard colors, including six metallic shades and can be custom printed to any color. We stock sheet sizes ranging from 48-by-96 inches to 60-by-120-inches and in thicknesses ranging from 2 mm to 4 mm.
The versatility of Dibond signs:
Dibond panels are for fine art galleries and framing businesses the world over; printing provides richly saturated images. If you decide to go with color, we print with waterproof UV resistant inks. It remains impervious to all environments indoors & outdoors. That is the most popular material for custom outdoor signs.
We have an in-house CNC router that can cut sheets to any shape, eliminating the pain of getting custom metal signs cut. Combine it with the moisture & heat resistance, & you have one strong sign. It works well indoors. Printable on both sides, this makes permanent outdoor directional signage. Are you looking for a substrate for an outdoor wayfinding system, new Dibond signs, or the best way to make sure your fine art prints stand the test of time?
Dibond® has been the industry’s leading aluminum composite material for over 15 years.
- Excellent for digital printing & mounting
- Flattest panel available on the market
- Superior surface protects expensive digital graphics
- Provides excellent durability in outdoor applications
- Will not bow or bend
- Approximately half the weight of raw aluminum
- Can be routed and returned to add dimension.
- UL 94V-0
- Class 1 or Class A fire rating (ASTM E-84)
- P-O-P (point of purchase) Displays
- Tradeshow Exhibits & Kiosks
- Digital Art Framing
- Archival Framing
- Interior Signage
- Exterior Signage
- Structural Signage
- Parking Lot Signs
- Real estate signs
- Permanent retail signs
- Directional signs
- Caution signs
Formal Data from the manufacturer 3A Composites
- Mounting: Cold mounting techniques only
- Repositioning Vinyl
- Digital Printing
- Die Cut
- Rot proof
- Chemically resistant
- Perfect for outdoor use anywhere
Available Design Options:
- PMS Color Match
- Brushed Silver Finish
- Brushed Gold Finish
- Polished Silver Finish
- Custom Hole Placement
- Custom Shapes
- Rounded Corners
- Dry Erase Laminate
- Matte Laminate
- Gloss Laminate
- Double-Sided Printing
- Aluminum Composite Material
Displaying your custom Dibond print.
If you need holes cut for hanging purposes, let us know, and we’ll take care of it for you; our in-house routing technology ensures a clean, precise cut every time at no extra charge. Or if DIY isn’t your thing, our installation team is on hand to help you get your print displayed precisely the way you’d like.
Di bond sign Installation & Care
- Di bond signs can hang from ceilings
- Installed on a wall
- Placed in stands or frames
- Holes can be easily added using our CNC router
- Use rope, string, or bungees to hang your signs
- Screws with washers to attach to wood or concrete
- Use nuts and bolts to connect to posts
- Clean signs with soap and water using a non-abrasive cloth
- To keep the signs from denting or warping, do not install them where heavy winds could blow them into other objects
- DO NOT use rubbing alcohol or any other chemicals to clean your signs.