What is Dibond?
Dibond is a rigid, durable aluminum composite material consisting of two thin sheets of .012-inch thick aluminum bonded to a solid polyethylene core (plastic) – a unique composition that makes it approximately half the weight of raw aluminum. Dibond, the flattest panel on the market, offers a superior surface for direct digital printing as well as mounting graphics. Dibond provides excellent durability in outdoor applications and won’t bow or warp. Dibond is available in 12 standard colors, including six metallic shades. Dibond is stocked in sheet sizes ranging from 48-by-96 inches to 60-by-120-inches and in thicknesses ranging from 2mm to 4mm.)
The versatility of Dibond signs.
Dibond is used by fine art galleries and framing businesses the world over, Dibond printing provides richly saturated images. If you decide to go with color, we print with waterproof UV resistant inks that remain impervious to all environments both indoors and outdoors.
We have an in-house CNC router that can cut Dibond to any shape, eliminating the pain of getting custom metal signs cut. Combine that with Dibond’s moisture and heat resistance, and you have one hardy sign that works equally well indoors as it does out. Printable on both sides, Dibond makes durable outdoor directional signage. Whether you’re looking for a substrate for an outdoor wayfinding system, modern dibond signs, or the best way to make sure your fine art prints stand the test of time, Dibond printing may be the answer you’re looking for.
Dibond® has been the industry’s leading aluminum composite material for over 15 years.
- Excellent for digital printing as well as mounting
- Flattest panel available on the market
- Superior surface protects expensive digital graphics
- Dibond Provides excellent durability in outdoor applications
- Will not bow or bend
- Approximately half the weight of raw aluminum
- Can be routed and returned to add dimension.
- Self extinguishing
- UL 94V-0
- Class 1 or Class A fire rating (ASTM E-84)
- P-O-P (point of purchase) Displays
- Tradeshow Exhibits & Kiosks
- Digital Art Framing
- Archival Framing
- Interior Signage
- Exterior Signage
- Structural Signage
- Parking Lot Signs
- Real estate signs
- Permanent retail signs
- Directional signs
- Caution signs
- Mounting: Cold mounting techniques only
- Repositioning Vinyl
- Digital Printing
- Die Cut
Resistance of Dibond
- Rust proof
- Rot proof
- Chemically resistant
- Perfect for outdoor use anywhere
Available Design Options
- PMS Color Match
- Brushed Silver Finish
- Brushed Gold Finish
- Polished Silver Finish
- Custom Hole Placement
- Custom Shapes
- Rounded Corners
- Dry Erase Laminate
- Matte Laminate
- Gloss Laminate
- Doule Sided Printing
Displaying your custom Dibond print.
If you need holes cut into your Dibond for hanging purposes, let us know and we’ll take care of it for you; our in-house routing technology ensures a clean, precise cut every time at no extra charge. Or if DIY isn’t your thing, our installation team is on hand to help you get your Dibond print displayed exactly the way you’d like.
Installation & Care
- Dibond signs can be hung
- Installed on a wall
- Placed in stands or frames
- Holes can be easily added using our CNC router
- Use rope, string, or bungees to hang your Dibond Signs
- Use screws with washers to attach to wood or concrete
- Use nuts and bolts to attach to posts
- Clean Dibond signs with soap and water using a non-abrasive cloth
- To keep the signs from denting or warping, do not install them where heavy winds could blow them into other objects
- DO NOT use rubbing alcohol or any other chemicals to clean your dibond signs