When you want to attract customers to your business, event or attraction; wayfinding signs are an ideal promotional option. These help guide people off the beaten track. They will take people from the main street right to your front door when used correctly. Whether you’re promoting a landmark, such as a historical building; to your music festival or tradeshow; or you simply want to direct people to your little shop in an alleyway. This option can get people where you want them to go.
How It Works
Wayfinding and signage are only effective if we understand what city wayfinding is and how to do it. Most humans go through a process when they are lost.
- Orientation: This is where we look around and attempt to figure out where we are by using a map or landmarks
- Route decision: As the name suggests, this is where we decide on the route we’re going to take.
- Route monitoring: Once we have made this decision, we seek out landmarks or maps to confirm we’re headed the right way.
- Destination recognition: The final step in which we recognize our destination.
Some Hard and Fast Rules
In order to have a custom wayfinding sign that is the most effective at directing clients towards your business, our company will build signs that follow these rules regardless of where the sign will go.
- It will be easy to understand: The biggest mistake creative wayfinding signs make is that they try too hard. The sign should be a simple word or picture of the destination, and visual directions (such as an arrow) to get there. There is no need for over-decoration.
- They will only show what is needed: An arrow and a picture are all that is needed for some indicators. A number and street name might be needed for others. However, it is important not to include unnecessary information. This is because any additional information may confuse or frustrate lost individuals.
We will ensure your sign meets one of these four categories to be effective:
- Gives information: The product will show destinations, for example, a sign that says: Library here
- Directions: directional signs display information to help you find a destination, mostly in the form of arrows or place names
- Easily identifies: The product will display easily-identifiable destinations, such as hospitals or churches.
- Provides warnings: These products give safety rules and procedures. They also comply with standards such as those set out by OSHA. This might include emergency exits, rules specific to the building (such as no pets or no smoking) and signs warning of danger (look out for falling rocks)
Interior and Exterior Wayfinding signs
You can use wayfinding signs for interior as well as for exterior purpose. For example, church and hospital options have become increasingly popular as wayfinding signage interior for a building. Event and community options are also popular in towns and cities.
Library Wayfinding Signs
One of the most unexpected places you would expect our company to place wayfinding signs is in a library, as wayfinding and signage in library design are very important.
Libraries should consider that the for some libraries wayfinding directional signage doesn’t work well. Using minimal wayfinding directional signage, our company will stop patrons from becoming overwhelmed and will allow them to find a book or section of the library easily. Using bump points which are points where people naturally slow down to take in their surroundings, also work as points where signs can be placed to guide people in a specific direction and we know how to recognize and use those.
Healthcare Wayfinding Signs
Another place our company can make wayfinding signs is by using wayfinding signage in hospitals and healthcare wayfinding signs. Most hospitals are very big and have several sections or buildings, and the visitors and patients are often under stress. A clear wayfinding system of room numbers, sections, and places to go depending on the medical emergency are necessary to get everyone to their destination. Most of the hospitals are using the picture and color-based healthcare wayfinding signs and signage. These signs are easy to understand and causes minimum stress.
In addition, our wayfinding signage team does their best work with community wayfinding signs. This includes church wayfinding signs that help guide people, especially newcomers, through a potentially large and crowded church in order to help them find the services and rooms they need quickly and efficiently.
The design of a wayfinding sign
For your business, building wayfinding signs is an important step in order to attract the maximum number of people to your business. Once you understand the basic rules of making a sign and know what its purpose is, our company and wayfinding and signage consultants will ensure your wayfinding signs design follows these guidelines:
The font will be legible and give information that promotes movability. For example, a sign with an arrow saying Turn left is much easier for someone to understand and carry out than a sign that says Turn left and then go east.
Every wayfinding signs design for a particular business should look alike. They should have the same font, color scheme, logo, and materials. This will give people something predictable to look for as they move from sign to sign in order to get to their destination. Or they might not even look for it and simply know on instinct that your signs are the ones they need to follow, which is the best thing for wayfinding directional signs.
Our wayfinding directional signs will also be visible from a distance or point the way to landmarks that are visible in order to help people orient themselves. We provide digital wayfinding signs such as interactive maps and kiosks. These signs are easy to interact and seen when placed at multiple points.
Accessible Wayfinding Signs
Our physical and digital wayfinding signs are easily accessible by children, adults, and the disabled. We design the wayfinding signs for a park or other public places. While making these signs we consider the sign height. For such purpose, we make wayfinding floor signs which can be seen from a wheelchair. The people who are just learning or can’t speak English will also be able to understand our signs. They are so simple to understand. Hence we used the pictures and directional arrows which are easy to understand. We can make your signs applicable to all levels of the English language.
Wayfinding Signs Designs
Our wayfinding signs will be easy to spot amid a crowded street or busy building. We provide the custom wayfinding signs, wayfinding floor signs, and curved wayfinding signs. You can place our curved wayfinding signs on the exterior or interior of a building. You can these signs on walls, as overhead, signposts, or just keep them standing alone. Anyone can use them to display any information. Curved wayfinding systems not only look nice but also showcase the information in a cheap and easy way.