When you want to attract customers to your business, event or attraction; wayfinding signs are an ideal promotional option. Wayfinding signs help to guide people off the beaten track. They will take people from a main street, to your front door, simply by following a process. Whether you’re promoting a landmark, such as an historical building; to your music festival or tradeshow; or you simply want to direct people to your little shop in an alleyway. Wayfinding signs are a must for marketing.
How we wayfind our way
Wayfinding and signage are only effective if we understand what city wayfinding is and how humans use it. Most humans go through a process in order to find a location if we are lost.
- Orientation: This is where we look around and attempt to figure out where we are by using a map or landmarks
- Route decision: Here, a path to the destination is discovered and followed as we either backtrack to a familiar position and then move forward or go on a new path determined by the map
- Route monitoring: Once we have the path in our heads, we either consistently look for landmarks on the way or look at the map to make absolutely sure we are heading in the right direction.
- Destination recognition: When the destination is recognized and we head towards it.
Rules of Wayfinding signs
In order to have a custom wayfinding sign that is the most effective at directing clients towards your business, our company will build signs that follow these rules regardless of whether they are wayfinding signage interior or exterior:
- The signs will be easy to understand: The biggest mistake creative wayfinding signs and custom wayfinding signs make is that they try too hard. Wayfinding signs should be a simple word or picture of the destination, and simple directions (such as an arrow) to get there. There is no need for overly decorative wayfinding signs.
- The signs will only show what is needed: An arrow and a picture are all that is needed for some signs, like event wayfinding signs or a number and street name for others, but all have no unnecessary information unless it is required for the person to get to the location safely.
We will ensure your sign meets one of these four categories to be effective:
- Gives information: These signs show destinations, for example, a sign that says: Library here
- Directional signs: wayfinding directional signs display information to help you find a destination, mostly in the form of arrows or place names
- Identification signs: Signs that display information about locations such as healthcare wayfinding signs or wayfinding signage interior
- Signs that provide warnings: These signs give safety rules and procedures, such as emergency exits, rules specific to the building (such as a no pets or no smoking sign) and signs warning of danger (look out for falling rocks)
Interior and Exterior Wayfinding signs
You can use wayfinding signs for interior as well as for exterior purpose. For example, church wayfinding signs and wayfinding signage in hospitals has become increasingly popular as wayfinding signage interior for a building, while event wayfinding signs and community Wayfinding signs have been used countless times in towns and cities.
Library Wayfinding Signs
One of the most unexpected places you would expect our company to place wayfinding signs is in a library, as wayfinding and signage in library design are very important.
Libraries should consider that the for some libraries wayfinding directional signage doesn’t work well. Using minimal wayfinding directional signage, our company will stop patrons from becoming overwhelmed and will allow them to find a book or section of the library easily. Using bump points which are points where people naturally slow down to take in their surroundings, also work as points where signs can be placed to guide people in a specific direction and we know how to recognize and use those.
Healthcare Wayfinding Signs
Another place our company can make wayfinding signs is by using wayfinding signage in hospitals and healthcare wayfinding signs. Most hospitals are very big and have several sections or buildings, and the visitors and patients are often under stress. A clear wayfinding system of room numbers, sections, and places to go depending on the medical emergency are necessary to get everyone to their destination. Most of the hospitals are using the picture and color-based healthcare wayfinding signs and signage. These signs are easy to understand and causes minimum stress.
In addition, our wayfinding signage team does their best work with community wayfinding signs. This includes church wayfinding signs that help guide people, especially newcomers, through a potentially large and crowded church in order to help them find the services and rooms they need quickly and efficiently.
The design of a wayfinding sign
For your business, building wayfinding signs is an important step in order to attract the maximum number of people to your business. Once you understand the basic rules of making a sign and know what its purpose is, our company and wayfinding and signage consultants will ensure your wayfinding signs design follows these guidelines:
The font will be legible and give information that promotes movability. For example, a sign with an arrow saying Turn left is much easier for someone to understand and carry out than a sign that says Turn left and then go east.
Every wayfinding signs design for a particular business should look alike. They should have the same font, color scheme, logo, and materials. This will give people something predictable to look for as they move from sign to sign in order to get to their destination. Or they might not even look for it and simply know on instinct that your signs are the ones they need to follow, which is the best thing for wayfinding directional signs.
Our wayfinding directional signs will also be visible from a distance or point the way to landmarks that are visible in order to help people orient themselves. We provide the digital wayfinding signs such as interactive maps and kiosks. These signs are easy to interact and seen when placed at multiple points.
Accessible Wayfinding Signs
Our physical and digital wayfinding signs are easily accessible by children, adults, and the disabled. We design the wayfinding signs for a park or other public places. While making these signs we consider the sign height. For such purpose, we make wayfinding floor signs which can be seen from a wheelchair. The people who are just learning or can’t speak English will also be able to understand our signs. They are so simple to understand. Hence we used the pictures and directional arrows which are easy to understand. We can make your signs applicable to all levels of the English language.
Wayfinding Signs Designs
Our wayfinding signs will be easy to spot amid a crowded street or busy building. We provide the custom wayfinding signs, wayfinding floor signs, and curved wayfinding signs. You can place our curved wayfinding signs on the exterior or interior of a building. You can these signs on walls, as overhead, signposts, or just keep them standing alone. Anyone can use them to display any information. Curved wayfinding systems not only look nice but also showcase the information in a cheap and easy way.
Why Choose Us For Wayfinding Signs?
Contact us to avoid the stress of the rules, laws, and recommendations for creating the wayfinding signs. Don’t make this procedure boring. We are up to date on the laws and regulations on these signs. These wayfinding signs will be noticeable and easy to understand for most of the people.
While producing wayfinding signs we have to consider the message that you wants to broadcast. Based on this we can produce wayfinding signs in various sizes and designs. We will work with you to find a wayfinding sign that will meet all your needs as a business owner.
You must consider the wayfinding signs if you are startup business. The wayfinding signs are proved to be very effective for businesses in crowd place. Whether your office is big or small, wayfinding signs and lobby signs can help people get into the business. And then get around to various parts with no confusion or trouble. Having our team design the signs gives you peace of mind to do other things with your business.
Get in touch with our experienced team today. Give us a call on 800-205-9005 or get in touch via our contact page. We’re waiting to take your order.